Location: Atatürk University Faculty of Dentistry and Atatürk University Practice Hotel, Erzurum- 11-12 February 2022
Learning objectives of the course; evaluation of general and differential diagnostic features of oral mucosal diseases; presenting non-invasive auxiliary methods (vital staining technique and brush biopsy) that are recommended to be used in the diagnosis, especially oral mucosal lesions with malignancy risk; explaining interventional biopsy methods and tips in clinical practice; Basic information about ultrasound, general terminology, technical and application details, purposes of use with current international guideline recommendations, sonographic features of the head and neck region, ultrasonographic criteria specific to malignancies and lymph node metastases, ultrasound guided interventional procedures and intra-operative applications.
There are three practical parts in the course program. First part aims to perform staining and biopsy techniques, and in the second part, basic applications on the ultrasonography device will be performed. In the third practical application, the objective is to teach the ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration biopsy and the ultrasound guided biopsy procedure.
DAY I- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11
• Prof. Dr. Semih Özbayrak – Oral Mucosa:From Lesions to Diagnosis, From Diagnosis to Treatment
• Prof. Dr. Pelin Güneri – Cytological and Vital Staining Methods in the Diagnosis of Oral Mucosal Lesions
• Prof. Dr. Filiz Namdar Pekiner - Biopsy Methods in Diagnosis of Oral Mucosal Lesions
• Prof. Dr. Fatma Çağlayan – Ultrasonographic Anatomy
DAY II- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12
• Cytological and Vital Staining Applications
• Biopsy Applications
• Fine Needle Aspiration Under Ultrasonography
Course quota is limited to 30 people.
Course participants must be members of the Oral Diagnosis and Maxillofacial Radiology Association.
Acceptance of participation in the course will be made according to the order of application.
Course Fee: 1.000 TL
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11
• Dinner will be included in the price.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12
• Lunch will be included in the price.
Airport-hotel transfers are not included in the organization. It will be provided by our guests themselves.
Contact us to get detailed information about the course and to pre-register.